Looking for something in particular?

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Creamy Parmesan Dip + video



Snacking lighter, even late:

dip: (n) 23. a creamy mixture of savory foods for scooping with potato chips, crackers and the like, often served as an hors d'ouerve, esp. with cocktails*

Not much to say about this really. I mean it's dip (see above). I can't tell you how long it took me to spell hors d'ouerve, though. What are all those vowels doing mashed up together, anyway? Silly French. What is wrong with just saying "tapas" anyway? Doesn't everyone know what tapas are... My French prejudices aside, this dip is pretty delicious. I got off work early today and wasted the afternoon on the two dozen food blogs I oogle (see below). During that time I decided I needed something that fed the habit of procrastination inherent to the college lifestyle without making me revisit my freshman-15. With that in mind I made this a 'low-fat' version because I don't have the back-bone to make anything fattier; I have a lipid sensitivity. If you have some plain yogurt on hand you can always substitute that in for the sour cream. Other than that, just get dipping.

Notes on blogs: If you didn't notice I've added a new blog to the SPUDS listing. A friend recommended it to me last weekend and I'm a big fan of it so far. Check out Video Blog 2 for some real-world post graduation reality. Spoiler alert! If you like to procrastinate in your spare (and not so spare time) the Post-Modern Talk-o is just the place to do it.

Grocery List:
Veggies / Crackers / Chips
Garlic salt
Green onions

Ingredients:
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1-2 green onions, painstakingly finely sliced
fresh cracked black pepper

Preparation:
1. Mix everything together in a small bowl, reserving half the green onions.
2. Break up any clumps of Parmesan and season to taste. Chill, if possible, before serving.
3. Top with the remaining green onions and serve.

*elitist definition from dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment